Summer is here and in next fews days temperature will soar up. Delhi will become an oven and stepping out will be a real issue. You may get lots of tips how to do makeup for the season but many won’t tell you that these tips don’t works when you sweat a lot. So I am one person who sweat like a pig, makeup is a real deal for me. When I leave home I look perfect but by the time I reach office or the venue everything had run down. So here I am sharing some products that I personally prefer, some tried and tested brands that never let me down.
1) To start with I either use Moisturiser or Sunscreen as the base product as it helps the foundation to spread evenly on face without the patchy look. For sunblock i prefer Nutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock as it is non oily and gives a Matt look, also you sweat 30% less if compared to other sunblock. When it comes to Moisturiser I swear by VLCC Lavang Moisturiser; water based and gets quickly absorbed in skin. As it is extremely light gives a feel of second skin.
2) As the base is done let’s move towards Foundation. Lakme Absolute Mattreal Skin Natural Mousse is one product I never change. The day I first tried it to till date I am a fan. Feather light, spreads on skin evenly and 16hrs stay. What else you need? The Mousse gives a very natural and perfect finish which doesn’t look made-up. Available in 3 shades which more or less covers all Indian skin tones.
3) I love to highlight my eyes; bold Kajal or maybe Smokey Eyes is my favourite look. However during summer I avoid black kajal and the reason is no matter how smudge proof it is or how long lasting it is due to sweat it smudges. On my skin even the 24hrs stay Kajal runs down in 8-10 hrs. So if you have the same problem avoid black. You can try colour like Turquoise, Blue or Green. Benefit of these colours is even if it gets smudged it doesn’t give you black eyes. I prefer Lakme Eyeconic Turquoise or Royal Blue for the season. And finish my eye make up with Lakme Absolute Eye Liner and Maybelline Collosal Volume Express Maskara which is waterproof and gives good volume to my lashes.
4) So finally before applying lipstick I seal the makeup with Lakme 9-5 Flawless Matt Complexion Compact. The compact does a fine job, however it did not live up to its 9-5 claim but works for good 4-5 hrs in a terrible sweat condition. It doesn’t gives a chalk feeling and blends very well leaving a smooth and radiant finish.
5) And finally the lips; currently I am fan of Maybelline Lipgradation. The fabulous product from Maybelline is must have, it has a smooth texture and gives a Matt look after application. Give it 7-10 sec time to set and it goes a long way. Doesn’t smudge and is long lasting giving your lips a bold sexy look.
And Miss Sweat-A-Lot is ready to step out… This everday basic make-up is what I prefer during summer. The final look is very natural and best part using these products I am very much satisfied. Summers are now a lot sorted for me.
Let me know if it help you too, also do share your favourite or tried and tested product details.